Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Skateland, Here We Come

Ready or not Skateland, here we come. Skateland had a Labor Day special, and since the kids were off school, decided to take them for some skating fun. Caleb and Madelyn have skated maybe twice in their life, and Abigail has never skated, but is dying to try her Heely's she got for her birthday. So, we picked up Madelyn's girlfriend, Hannah and away we went.
I remember growing up, and skating, skating, skating. We would even make our own skateland in our driveway. We loved skating. And here my children can barely stand up with skates on. It is such good exercise and so fun...
The girls seemed to do more skating...although this was Hannah's first time, so she was just learning. I even put Caleb's skates on (yes, my 9 year old son wears the same size shoe as me :), and went around the rink with Hannah and Madelyn a few times. Madelyn was actually doing quite well. Caleb did well, but wasn't into it as much. He was more interested in the video games...go figure.
My original intent was not to have Abigail skate...just hang with Mom (we didn't even rent skates for her). But she decided she wanted to go out there in her Heely's, so away we went. Not sure if we were allowed to do this, but we did it anyway, and noone said anything to us... Abigail didn't want to stop...she wanted to keep going around and around. I think she actually skated more than any of the others. She had a blast.
The girls, with their skates off went out and did the Hokey Pokey when the Skateland Dinosaur came out. And they even went around, "pretending" to skate with their shoes on. It was kinda funny actually...until they got caught.
So, I guess we need to visit the skating rink a little more often...for some exercise and fun. We'll have to plan a family trip...I would love to see Joseph in skates :)

5 comments:

Barlow Family said...

Carrie- Your daughter in the top picture looks like your "mini-me"...So cute!!! My kids just did Skateland tonight with their school, brought back lots of memories! :) Hope you're doing great.
Rebecca (Farnsworth) Barlow

Linae said...

Oh man I use to LOVE Skateland night for our school so that I could skate the "couples skate" with Chris Blackburn!!!! This just brought back some memories! We need to get the kids together soon, we've got family coming this week so maybe next week. What's your schedule? For sure fall break if you are going to be around. We moved not far at all just off Lindsay and Elliot. Talk to you soon!

The Foster Family said...

Glad you guys still went, felt bad for sitching you on this one! Also, is it OK if I add your blog to the MHS Class Blog?

-Wende

Lisa said...

How fun! We should take the girls and go one day!

Alisa Larson said...

Hey, I just found your blog by accident! How fun! You should have left me a comment on mine so I could have found you sooner! I'm glad we can keep in touch this way now!