Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Happy 35th Birthday Daddy!

Yep, the old man is having another birthday! He turns 35...and wants nothing more than to spend time with his family. Him and I even went out for his birthday the weekend before, so on his "birthday weekend" (or should I say birthday week...around here, we have birthday week), he could spend it with his family.

So, Friday night we let the kids choose dinner (with a little help from Mom), and we went to Red Robin. Then came home and watched a movie as a family. Saturday night, after all the sports saga was over, we let the kids choose dinner again (with no help this time), and we ended up at Peter Piper Pizza. Joseph had just as much fun as the kids by the way :) Sunday, after church, we just hung out as a family, then bbq'ed ranchera meat, made homemade salsa, nacho cheese and chips, the whole works - YUM! The kids played soccer in the backyard (one of the favorite things to do with Dad).
Jacob and Abby spent more time tackling eachother. Dad, as always, was permanent goalie.
Even Bella and Jazmin played a little ball.
After a nice dinner, we sang Happy Birthday with a cupcake that Mom worked so hard on (ha).
And Dad even let Abby blow out the candle.
Then Dad let everyone else have a birthday candle and sing Happy Birthday to them. Especially since Jacob thinks it's his birthday anytime you sing the song. (He wants to know where his happy birthday is.)
It was a perfect weekend for Joseph, doing exactly what he wanted to do, to be with his family. He absolutely loves his kids and puts them first above all else. He can be in the middle of a Dallas Cowboys Superbowl game, and if the kids ask him to come play soccer in the backyard, he will drop everything for them and not even blink an eye (or shed a tear :). And they (and me) are so thankful to have such a loving, caring, thoughtful, unselfish Dad.

Joseph is the backbone of our family, the one who reminds us that it is all about family. He is the most unselfish man I know...buys nothing for himself and only thinks of his children. For his birthday, I asked him what he wanted...his reply verbatum: "I want a cute outfit for my girls from Justice, a video game for my big guy (Caleb), a special toy for my little guy (Jacob), and a purse for my wife." Need I say more...he is the best and I thank the Lord everyday for bringing him to me. I love you Honey!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Happy Happy Birthday Joseph!!!