Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I'm back....bringing you February

Okay, so it's been 1 1/2 months since I've written...so much has gone on I can't even remember half of it. My motivation was to journal more...that didn't work. Any ideas on how to find time to blog??? I barely have time to use the restroom...

Anway, where do I start? February was a busy month for Madelyn, as she finished up her season of soccer with 3 tournaments. We're so proud of her and her potential, words can't even explain. At 7 years old, she just continues to amaze me. I cannot wait what a few more years of experience will do for her. Not to mention she has met so many new friends that will become lifelong friendships.
These are Maddy's biggest fans, next to Mom and Dad...

And she is just so darn cute too! You can't tell from the picture above, but she lost 2 teeth this month as well (3 in the last 2 months...the tooth fairy is going to go broke). Now she gets to sing, "All I want for Easter is my two front teeth."

Maddy has a little break now, from just about everything except school. I took her out of piano...plan is for about a year...for my sanity and her safety! Funny though, since I've done that she has gone to the piano several times herself to play some songs. And what it took to get through one practice with her.....you can't even imagine. I may put her in some Mariachi dancing for fun and for exercise during the spring. We'll see if I come through...if I can find the time to get her there...

Caleb continues to carry the busiest schedule of any child I know. For February it went something like this (and it can change from month to month, but never gets any less busy)...Monday - baseball practice, Tuesday - cub scouts...basketball...wrestling, Wednesday - one-on-one basketball practice...piano, Thursday - basketball practice, Friday - baseball practice, Saturday - game time!!!! This doesn't even include his 2-3 hours of homework per night, the extra conditioning Dad has them do, and the fact that he doesn't even get home from school until 4:30. I don't know how he does it, but he does, and does it well! He does get a little scatter brained sometimes, but his teacher incorporated this new "Fun Friday" concept if you get everything done during the week...that sure motivates Caleb. That's all he needs is a motivator and it's done! I am so proud of Caleb for his hard work in everything he does. He has so much passion for what he does...he is going to be a great leader someday!!! Not to mention an incredible athlete at whatever sport he decides...and every woman's dream man...at 6'4", offensive tackle, and...playing the piano!

Caleb also had his Pinewood Derby this month, and did quite well. He came in 3rd place, which is absolutely awesome considering the 1st and 2nd place winners were brothers, and their dad bought their cars (cheater cheater pumpkin eater)... He was a little sad since he took 1st place last year, but we told him he can't always expect that and needs to be proud that he got 3rd...

For my little miss Abigail...she is such a joy to be around. Even on her bad days, she's still enjoyable to be with. If she's not singing some kind of song, then something is seriously wrong. She absolutely loves to sing (which I might add...her mother is NOT musically inclined...although loves to sing too..hee). I sure hope she takes after her dad...

Abby's preschool (Arnette Montesorri) took a trip to the zoo this month. We had so much fun with her class, and her friends.

She loves being with Nathan (who lives down the street) and Gracie (who I babysit), which are both in her preschool class too. Abby and Nathan are inseparable. Nathan won't even go to primary without Abby. It's very cute to watch! And Abby looks forward to Gracie coming every morning...and is sad when it's not my day to watch them.

Abby is by far my best cleaner. She cleans better than her older brother and sister. And she actually puts it away in the correct place...which is major for a 4 year old. I'm so happy she is neat, but I hope she doesn't become OCD like I am when it comes to a neat and orderly house... :)

Now Jacob...he is and will always be my crazy kid! Joseph said he reminds him so much of himself, which is very scary because he was BAD!!!!! I'm just happy to say that we haven't been back to the emergency room for stitches in the last year. He will do and try anything...and has NO FEAR doing it! He is getting so big, saying such big things, and keeps me on my toes with everything...even dropping his pants anywhere to pee....

He even keeps me in check with my words... "Uuummmm, Mom, you said a bad word...you said stupid. Daddy's going to give you soap." (okay, that's one of my favorite words when I'm driving...to all the "stupid" drivers out there on the road that don't deserve to have a license...)

So now for my 5th child...even Bella has had excitement! Abby decided to put her on the pool table and see if she can walk along the edge around it. To her dismay, she didn't do very well, falling on her front leg.

Because she was so small, we didn't know if it was broke or not...so off to the Vet we went. And let me tell ya, those Vets can charge you whatever they want, and you have no say! They sure are making a good living. I paid $34 just for the bandage wrap that probably cost them 50 cents. My $350 puppy now just became my $600 puppy! But I'm happy to say she recovered from her sprain just fine and is doing wonderful. She's 100% crate-trained, and probably about 90% total potty trained. Once she perfects that, she'll have the run of the house (which she kinda already does). And Jazmin is getting better with her too. She still lets Bella know who owns the house, but she is getting nicer with her...thank goodness.

And last but definitely not least...Sheri and baby Trent graced us with their presence. It was a quick weekend...more sanity check for her...but so nice to see her and her beautiful baby. I was having so much fun visiting, I forgot to take pictures until the end of the night, and only got Trent...tired and hungry...but still dang CUTE!
So there you have it...my February...hopefully my March brings us good luck and more excitment.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Yeah!! You're back! It was so fun to get an update on everyone. Most of it I already new but it was fun to get a refresher! Way cute pictures too.

The Foster Family said...

Love the update and miss everyone. Lola misses Bella! Give all the kids a piano treat from me! Had no idea Caleb was involoved in that much stuff, you're crazy! Sounds like it's workign and he's not complaining though! Let me know when you get your curtains up!

Hollin said...

I always knew you weren't my smartest sister....Are you crazy, with that kind of scheduling with your kids you might as well hire in a full time taxi driver! With schedules like that it's no wonder we never see you. Please update more so that we get a chance to see our long lost cousins that live a few miles away!!!!