Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I've been TAGGED...twice!

Okay, I've been tagged twice. So, I will do both this once. I guess it gives great info and memories to look back on in the future...so here goes!

TAG #1:

All about my BROWN SUGAR!

What is his name? Joseph Timothy Medina

How long did you date? I can't remember when we started "dating" exactly. We hung out as flirty friends first. Then got more serious as we became the best of friends. I would say we dated for about 2-3 years total.

How old is he? 34

How old are you? 37...yes, I was robbing the cradle :) I like my men young...

Who said I Love You first? Ya know, I can't remember exactly, but I think he did.

Who is taller? I am taller, by 2 1/2 inches. It used to bother me a lot, but I'm okay with it now...obviously. I don't own any high heel shoes though...

Who can sing better? Definitely Joseph. I actually love to hear him sing. Wish he would do it more. I do love to sing though, even though I can't carry a tune. And so do my kids. Hopefully they will get their singing ability from Dad.

Who is smarter? I am at math. He is at everything else...including common sense :) Yes, I do seem a little blonde at times.

Who does the laundry? I do it...although he will get it started for me sometimes, and will even fold every now and then. I don't mind washing, it's the folding and putting away I can't stand.

Who does the dishes? I do. I'm kinda anal about how it is placed in the dishwasher. So everyone just gets it to the sink and I do the rest.

His guilty pleasure? His children. I know that seems odd and kinda funny, but he absolutely loves his children and will do anything with and for them. If it involves the children, he's game.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? He does, because the alarm is on the left, and there's no way he's getting up to turn it off. It would go on for hours...

Besides you, who is his best friend? His children. He will tell Caleb he is his best friend...it almost makes me cry it's so sweet. As I already said, his children are everything in life to him and he wants to spend all his extra time with them. (Thank goodness he doesn't have too many close friends from his younger years...he didn't hang around the best crowd...)
Who cooks dinner? I do mostly. But if there's meat involved, he usually cooks the meat. Oh, and he cooks the weekend breakfast. My kids won't eat my eggs.

Who drives? He does. He thinks he's the "worlds best driver" and everyone else on the road is horrible. I would have to agree to an extent...especially in Arizona.
Speaking of driving, had to share what the gas prices were during the time (not so long ago). Found this picture and my mouth dropped. Wonder what it will be in another 10 years.
Who is more stubborn? I hate to admit it, but it's ME. He is a little, but I think mine over powers his...

Who kissed who first? I kissed him first. In fact, I wonder where we would be today if I hadn't taken the plunge...

Who asked who out first? He asked me first.

What was your first date? He took me to a movie. We went to an R rated movie (can't remember the movie), and we both got carded...he was 21 and I was 24. And they thought we were 16...hellllooooooo. I'll never forget that. We also went to the pool hall a lot and played pool...and went dancing a few times...back in the day when that was cool to do (lol).

Who proposed? He did, at the bottom of our stairs on Christmas Eve.

Who has more siblings? We both have 4 siblings each.

Who wears the pants? I do for the most part, unless he makes me feel guilty.

What is your favorite thing about him? His love for his family. He absolutely is the best father, and I just love that. He is all about family and what we can do together. He has no selfishness in him in when it comes to his "own" time. His choice would and will always be spending time with his family. This quality has made him so much stronger in the church too, which I love him even more for it. I could not have picked a better husband and father to our children. I love you Honey!

OKAY, NOW FOR TAG #2

OUR LOVE STORY...

1. Where did you meet?
We both worked for Motorola, and a mutual friend was having a party. It was actually on Joseph's birthday, and we met at his house. I had seen him around at work prior, but was not formally introduced until August 31, 1994.

2.What was the first thing you said to him?
I have no idea.

3. Where was your first date?
He took me to a movie. We went to an R rated movie (can't remember the movie), but we both got carded...and he was 21 and I was 24. And they thought we were 16...hellllooooooo. I'll never forget that. Kinda funny.

4. Where was your first kiss?
It was actually at a co-workers house. We all went out to play pool, then back to her house to hang out. I can't remember exactly how it went down, but I know I kissed him.

5. How long did you date?
We dated for about 2 years I think. We were friends at first, so I can't remember when our official dating started.

6. Where did you get engaged?
It was Christams Eve. We were getting ready to go to the Horne Christmas party. He was down stairs, I was upstairs. He yelled to me to come downstairs. I turned the corner on the stairs and he was down on one knee. I started to cry. It was a very emotional and exciting moment.

7. When were you married?
We were married on September 26, 1997. We got married at my parents Stake Center by their Bishop. Ten years, 6 months later, we are preparing to be sealed in the temple for time and all eternity...a day that I cannot wait for.

8. How did your reception go?
The reception was absolutely awesome. Everyone raved about it for a long time what fun they had...they'd never been to a reception as fun as ours. We had a DJ and danced the night away to Mariachi, pop, country, even the electric slide...you name it. Both sides of the family were out on the dance floor jamming and having a grand ole' time. The food was mexican, prepared by Joseph's family...and it was awesome as well. A very fun night I'll always remember.

9. How was your honeymoon?
Our honeymoom was even better. We took a week cruise to the Western Carribean, then spent another week at DisneyWorld. Two weeks was awesome and perfect. We can't wait to take our children back.

10. And the rest?

History...

3 comments:

The Foster Family said...

Love it- thanks for doing the tag- was fun to hear your love story. I can't wait for the Grand Finale (kind of- I mean I guess it is the start of forever!) Don't forget I WILL be there for that Temple thing- wouldn't miss that one for the world! By the way- have a huge bag of clothes for you- AGAIN! Miss seeing you every week- gives the kids a hug from me!

Lisa said...

That was so fun to read!! I didn't know a lot of it!! So cute!!

Hollin said...

Who knew Joseph could sing?? Not me! Let's here it!!! Fun to read, even though I was there thru most of it!