Monday, January 14, 2008

Fun Filled Weekend

This weekend was a very crazy and fun weekend...for the kids. It started out with a basketball game for Caleb at 8am. Then straight to 2 soccer games for Maddy. Then immediately heading for the LeBaron's Strawberry Cabin (if you want to call it a Cabin...more like a luxury home). I didn't get to see Caleb's game...Dad took him...because I was home with the babies and getting Maddy ready for her games. Although Dad said Caleb played well. He's definitely a strength and solid body on defense. They did however lose by 8 points. Maddy's first game went well. Not including Maddy getting nailed and knocked to the ground right before half-time, she did quite well. Dad keeps telling her it's part of the game and it will only make her tougher :). She's slowly getting used to it. They are both so fun to watch and will bring Joseph and I many exciting and enjoyable years to come.

Their first game ended in a tie, but should have been a Victory. Their 2nd game; however, was a little tougher only because they did not show up to play. Barza was definitely the better team but just didn't show it today. We'll get 'em next time.

Then immediately after the game it was off to Strawberry to hang with the family. Hollin, Ryan, and families, and Grandma and PopPop all met at the LeBaron cabin for some weekend fun...and snow. The huge game room was a definite hit, if they weren't sliding on the ice or eating snowballs. The kids had fun at the meadow across from the cabin,
making their own small sledding area (kids will make fun anywhere...).
Then it was off to the Gravel Pit for the serious sledding. Of course the boys picked the slope with a jump in it, so everyone of them bit the dust (or should I say snow) just about everytime they went down. But it was still OH SO FUN!

Abby, Taryn, and Jacob went to the small hill and took turns helping eachother into the disc and pushing eachother down.

Maddy must have went down the most in the shortest amount of time. Up and down, and up and down...as many as she could do before her feet got so cold that she sat down in the snow and took off her shoes and socks right there. Helloooooo...you still have to get to the car Madelyn...The boys showed No Fear and continued to "bite it" down the big hill, with Caleb and Uncle Ryan catching some serious air time... Joseph and I braved the hill before leaving...I'm happy to say that I was the only one that didn't "bite it."
But my favorite had to be PopPop, age 68 being a big kid at heart and having the time of his life...
and of course, biting it too.... All in all, we had a great time in the snow and spending time with family. These are times we'll remember for many years to come.



3 comments:

Hollin said...

SO, SO CUTE!! I guess I need to get help from you to do my background. I didn't like my paper, but it was all I could find for free, I guess I'm not looking in the right place. The pictures of dad are priceless!!! I need those at least emailed to me please!

Anonymous said...

Great Pictures!! I think a great time was had by all... I wish it could have been longer!

The Foster Family said...

Awesome blog Carrie- I love it- I want some lessons as well!