Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Football, Football, and more Football - Oct, 2008

Hut, Hut, HIKE! That's what has been ringing in Caleb's ear this Fall. As the star Center, Defensive Lineman, Offensive Lineman, and an occassional Tight End, Caleb has played some serious Football.
Caleb played both offensive and defensive, coming out for maybe 1 play each half. He was the definite strength on the team, and the Team Captain and leader as well. He's just a natural leader, has the smarts, and definitely has the size.
This is Caleb's first year at tackle football (at 9 years old), and you would think he'd been playing for years.

I didn't get to watch as many games I would have liked, since I was running Madelyn to her games, but when I did watch, I tried to take as many pictures as I could...and to cheer my BIG GUY on to victory.
It sure was fun watching him play...especially watching him block 3 guys at the same time, as seen below. What a proud parent I was watching him.

I read a quote and instantly thought of him...."A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into useful skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals." Caleb definitely has a natural talent. And he also has the passion and the hard work ethics in whatever he does. He is going to bring me so much joy watching him in his talents in the years to come.

1 comment:

Shari said...

I bet your dad beams with pride when he watches too! So excited to keep in touch with your blog.