Monday, August 25, 2008

Let Them Be Little!

It doesn't matter how old the boys get...they are still boys. From my 3 year old to my 9 year old...they are both still, well KIDS.

I sometimes forget Caleb is still 9, because he is soooooo big and mature for his age. Until I see this...and I remember, he is and always will be my baby!!!! It reminds me of the song, "Let Them Be Little." They're only little for a short time, so let them just be. I have to continue to remind myself of this always, since I want them to grow and mature into great leaders, I often forget to just "Let them Be Little."
Jacob was so proud of his tower he build all by himself...with Darth Maul on top, and all the Star Wars guys surrounding it. I had to close my eyes, and he led me into the playroom. He led me right in front of it (thank goodness I didn't trip over anything else along the way). Then he says, "ready, open your eyes" with his big crooked smile :) He was so proud...and so was Mom.
As for Caleb in his battle...we were just the obstacles he had to overcome, to fight evil...

By the way...with Jacob, everything has to be "THUMBS UP."

No comments: