Thursday, May 29, 2008

Vegas Bound - April 26, 2008

We're off the Vegas for a basketball tourney...and to Sheri and Trent. This is the first traveling tournament the boys have been too, so it's very exciting. But we're all a little nervous because Vegas teams are known to be good. It will be great experience for them regardless.

The boys played hard...against some tough teams.
They went 2-2 in the tourney, and all the way to the championship, finishing with a 2nd place trophy. We were very proud of them, and they were very proud of themselves.

The bonus to the Vegas tourney was that I got to see my sister Sheri, and baby Trent. What a great place to go for a tourney... It was so nice to see and visit with them, and to see Trent since we don't get to see him very often...he's getting so big so fast (already 6 months).

The kids loved 'loving' Trent, and I really enjoyed visiting with Sheri. My mother came with us on the trip (don't ask me why I didn't get a picture of her...), and stayed an extra week with Sheri after we left. It was her birthday, so Sheri made a cake and we had a nice dinner and sang to her. Nothing extravagent, but I think special. It was nice for her to spend time with Trent and Sheri since we don't see them often...as much as we should or would like.
Overall, an awesome trip...a great bball tourney and great visit with my sister. BTW, she's already lost all of her baby weight from Trent and looks great...she makes me mad! I'm still trying to get off my last 20 from Jacob...some day!!!!!!

No comments: